Converging Science-Technology and Art
Modern sciences that complement Medicine and Biology, such as Nanotechnology, Bioinformatics, Stem Cell Technology, Transgenic Organisms, Neural Prosthetics and Artificial Intelligence applications, have enhanced human intelligence, offering new possibilities for the human body, documenting the potential immortality of our biological existence. The converging of science and technology has to serve humans, under the condition that humans serve always humanitarian ideas and principles.
While Science and Art are the most common human types of knowledge and emotional expressions, they have to be perpetually in a dynamic interdependence, interactive communication and exchange principles in order to be more understandable and representative of human existence and dimension….
Artistomic and BioArt Projects
Polina Simou, during the last 3 years attempts to present the achievements of modern Science in her Paintings. She cooperates with Scientists and Researchers from all over the world, in order to combine theories and experiments of Life Science with the Fine Arts. Her research works mainly concerns:
- Ethical and Philosophical enquiry on BioArt Creations
- Science in Artworks (Imaging Data, Brainwaves, Subcellular Processes Images
- Art Therapy
- Simou P et al (2017) Software for Evaluating Art Therapy in Patients with Autism, under submission
- Simou P et al (2017) Humanoids and Biological Enhancements Establishing the Post Homo Sapiens Era, under submission
- Simou P et al (2017) Retrieving music from proteins related to Alzheimer’s disease, under submission
- Alexiou A, Simou P, Tiligadis K (2014) Artificial Humanoid for the Elderly People, Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2015, P. Vlamos, A. Alexiou (eds.), GeNeDis 2014, Advances in Experimental Medicine and Biology 821, DOI 10.1007/978-3-319-08939-3_7.
- Simou P, Tiligadis K, Alexiou A (2013) Exploring Artificial Intelligence Utilizing BioArt, 9th Artificial Intelligence Applications and Innovations Conference, 1st Workshop on Ethics and Philosophy in Artificial Intelligence, H. Papadopoulos et al. (Eds.): AIAI 2013, IFIP AICT 412, pp. 687–692, 2013, © IFIP International Federation for Information Processing 2013, Springer, Heidelberg, Paphos Cyprus
- Polina Simou is a Review Editor in the Frontiers ELSI Section (Journals of Pharmacology, Genetics, Bioengineering and Biotechnology, Sociology)